Did you love the Crazyflie?
Crazyflie 2.0 is more flexible, more durable, more functional than the original Crazyflie.
- Small and lightweight (around 27g) with a durable design.
- Easy to assemble and no soldering required.
- Supports expansion boards with automatic detection.
- Supports control from iOS and Android with Bluetooth LE support.
- Supports control from Windows, Mac OS X, Linux with the optional Crazyradio PA.
- Tested to above 1 km radio range LOS with Crazyradio PA.
- Wireless firmware update.
- On-board charging via standard micro-USB.
Supporting multiple radio protocols, the Crazyflie 2.0 can be used from a Bluetooth LE enabled mobile device or from a computer using the Crazyradio PA (available as an add-on). Controlling this from a mobile device works great, but the real power of the platform is unlocked by connecting it to a computer using the Python client that is a available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. This enables you to fully use all the expansion boards, to easily trim flying parameters, graphically log data, and set parameters. When connected to a computer, you also get the added benefit of being able to use any gamepad or joystick with at least 4 analog axes for flying. The device can easily be mapped inside the client.
The firmware and software is continuously being updated with various improvements and new features added. The platform supports wireless firmware updates via radio and Bluetooth LE, so when a new new firmware is released, it is a breeze to update it.
Check out the Crazyflie 2.0 in action (shown with the optional LED-Ring Expansion).
- 1x Crazyflie 2.0 control board with all components mounted.
- 5x CW propellers.
- 5x CCW propellers.
- 5x Motor mounts.
- 1x LiPo battery (240mAh).
- 5x Coreless DC motors.
- 2x Short expansion connector pins (1x10, 2mm spacing, 8 mm long).
- 2x Long expansion connector pins (1x10, 2mm spacing, 14 mm long).
- 1x Battery holder expansion board.